YUU Terms and Conditions for competitions and prize draws
These are the standard rules which you’ll need to know and follow whenever you enter a competition run YUUworld of (Company Registration No: 2797365) of Building 120, 136 Edinburgh Avenue, Slough, Berkshire SL1 4SS (“YUUworld”).
Some of the rules – such as how to enter the competition, closing date, prize details, and anything else YUUworld thinks you may need to know up front – will be given on the competition page or social media post but the rest of the rules are set out below.
Together, these rules will apply to the competition and by entering the competition, you promise to follow and be bound by these rules. So be sure to get your parents/guardians to read and discuss these rules with you.
1. Our YUUworld competitions are open to everyone although if you’re under 18 you must get your parent’s/guardian’s permission to enter the competition.
2. There may be some costs involved to enter, please don’t forget to also ask the person who will be paying the bill. Costs to enter may vary and it is advisable that the person paying the bill checks the current rates with their network operator.
3. Unless YUUworld tells you otherwise, the competition will close at midnight on the closing date. If you want to enter the competition, YUUworld will need to have received your entry by this time. Entries received after this time will not be valid. YUUworld is not responsible if your entry gets lost, delayed, misdirected, undelivered, damaged or if you have technical problems trying to enter the competition.
4. Please take care when entering the competition to ensure that we have your correct details. Any entries which are incomplete, can’t be read or heard clearly will not be valid and won’t be entered for the competition.
5. You must live in the UK to enter the competition. Prizes can only be sent to a UK address so if you have moved somewhere outside the UK after entering the competition, your entry will not be valid.
6. You are not allowed to enter the competition if you, your parents/guardians or family members are employees of YUUworld, any other company associated with the competition or their respective associated companies or agents.
7. To give everyone a fair chance of winning a prize, only one entry per household is permitted unless otherwise stated on the competition page/post.
8. The winner(s) selection for a Prize Draw: All winning entries will be selected randomly by YUUworld or its agents within two (2) weeks of the End Date from all correct entries received. The winner(s) selection for a competition: The winning entries will be selected by a panel of judges within (3) weeks of the End Date. The Selection Criteria can be found on the compeition page. The selection or panel’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
9. YUUworld has the right to choose another winner (or winners) if:
a. you do not comply with these rules or YUUworld has reasonable grounds for believing that you have broken a rule; or
b. YUUworld cannot contact you within a reasonable time after the closing date; or
c. your parents/guardians do not (i) agree to these rules; (ii) want you to receive the prize; or (iii) give their consent as may be requested by YUUworld within a reasonable time.
10. YUUworld will try and notify winner(s) as soon as possible after the closing date (generally no later than 28 days after the closing date) and will send out the prize as early as possible (usually within 8 weeks of the closing date).
11. The prize(s) is as stated and cannot be exchanged or transferred. No cash alternatives will be offered. In the unlikely event that YUUworld is unable to provide the stated prize(s), YUUworld has the right to substitute the prize for one of equivalent value. Prizes may be subject to additional terms and conditions of the manufacturer or supplier.
12. YUUworld may use, in any and all media throughout the world forever as YUUworld in its sole opinion sees fit, your name, likeness, photographs and/or recordings, biographical information, any statement made by you, and your entry to the competition without payment or further consent. YUUworld may also require you to take part in such publicity (which may include taking your photograph, filming you or recording your voice) without payment or further consent and such publicity will be owned by YUUworld forever for use throughout the world as YUUworld sees fit.
14. YUUworld may send your details to a third party if they are helping with the competition, but YUUworld will not allow them to contact you or use the information unless it is in relation to the competition.
15. If you would like to know who’s won some of our recent competitions, please send a stamped addressed envelope together with details of which competition winners list you’d like to YUUworld at the above address within 60 days of the closing date of the competition.
16. YUUworld may request a written agreement from your parent/guardian that they can comply with these rules before sending out any prizes for the competition.
17. The rules in respect of the competition are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and if there are any disputes the courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
social media competitions
A few additional terms and conditions apply to our competitions hosted on social media platforms:
1. To enter a competition hosted on social media, you must ‘like’ or ‘follow’ YUUworld’s page on the social media platform you entered (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram).
2. One entry is allowed per person and per social media account. Sharing of accounts for purposes of the competition is not allowed. If the Promoter discovers or has reasonable grounds to believe that you have exceeded the maximum number of entries you may be disqualified.
3. Specific details on how to enter the competition along with competition closing date and the prize will be clearly stated on the competition post.
4. YUUworld will not be responsible for the content of any material submitted by you, and you accept that (i) you will be responsible for ensuring that any material submitted does not infringe any third party rights (such as intellectual property rights) and (ii) you will be liable for any claims, losses, fines, penalties, costs or damages suffered or incurred by you or YUUworld as a result of any such infringement.
5. If your entry involves submitting a photo or video, you confirm that you have obtained the consent of all persons pictured to the entry of that photograph into the competition, and to the use of their image in that photograph on materials (of any medium, including still photographs and films) for publicity, advertising and promotional purposes worldwide for an unlimited time and without compensation.
6. Entries to competitions must:
a. not contain any content which is defamatory, obscene, unlawful, harmful, offensive or inappropriate;
b. not contain any content which may have the effect of being harassing, threatening, or abusive or that otherwise degrades or intimidates an individual or group of individuals on the basis of religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, age or disability;
c. not contain any viruses or other harmful programs;
d. not be accompanied by any music (live or recorded);
e. not advertise or promote third parties’ or your own goods and services, or (unless otherwise specified in these terms) feature any third party branding, trade mark or logos, including on clothing
f. not use any public domain or third party proprietary images, including statues, sculptures, paintings and other works of art.
7. Winners will be announced on social media and it is the responsibility of the winners to contact the YUUworld via direct message to claim their prize following the announcement.
8. In order to claim the prize, the winner will be contacted via the social media platform they entered and asked to provide an address in the United Kingdom to which the prize details should be delivered by direct message or such other method of communication as may be specified in the notification message.